Sunday, May 31, 2009

brief lessons from Montreal:

This really deserves a way bigger post, but I'm very very (very) tired; consequently, let me present some brief lessons from my time at etigcamp in Montreal:

1) 1% of librarians are indifferent, 1% of librarians are actively evil, and 98% of librarians are made of PURE BADASSERY and general awesomeness and were entirely represented at etigcamp.
2) The language thing bugs me more than perhaps it should. I feel bad when I can't communicate.
3) Roller derby is a lot like cricket until you get the hang of what the rules are.
3a) Pabst Blue Ribbon helps with roller derby rule comprehension.
4) I will endure any amount of angry pedestrians and cab drivers yelling at me in French for my poor driving and/or navigating if bagels eventually result.
5) The world needs many, many, many more etigcamps.
6) man, am I sleepy.

My presentation at etigcamp is up here: warning though, it's very unlike my previous presentations in that it's image heavy, verbiage light. If you want me to explain some slides, let me know.

2 comments:

Jessamyn said...

oh my god I had the best bagel of this century in Montreal this weekend.

Graham Lavender said...

I certainly agree about the PBR and understanding roller derby. I hope you can come back to Montreal for more bagels and emerging technology soon!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.